Socks Made On 88

Socks Made On 88
Socks Made On 88

Sunday 5 August 2012

More dyeing of leftovers~ Rustic Shades

I had some leftover wheat coloured yarn and I dyed it all shades of Rustic Colours to experiment.  I cooked this one first after been immersed in the rest of the orange KoolAid mixture that I had from before .

After it was cooked I decided to blotch some  mixture of 2ml of Cherry and 2ml of H2O and then dotted the remainder of the Cherry crystals straight from the package to give it a different effect.  It is one of the creations that is hanging on the line to dry with others.

Here are some other rustic shades that I came up with by using the rest of my KoolAids mixing colours of cherry, strawberry, orange and a little bit of raspberry lemonade ( Blue Ice) too to see how many shades I could get.  I even tried putting a ball of leftovers submersed in coloured dye in the crook pot adding different pieces at different times and one piece I left more undyed surfaces showing and at the very end I added a bit of the blue I had left just here and there very minimal.  This will be a lot of work for MrB to piece all these pieces together wind them and create socks, but I told him he could use them for a pair of socks for me as I would like them even if no one else would.  I am pretty proud of all the dyeing projects I did today as they are creative and unique and that's my cup of tea!  So let's call all of these Rustic Harvest Teas! And if I get a pair of socks from all these leftovers I will call them my Rustic Harvest Tea SOCKS!

Drying!

Drying!

And still drying!

No comments: