Socks Made On 88

Socks Made On 88
Socks Made On 88

Sunday 5 August 2012

Dyeing Leftovers Orange and Blue

Here are my 3 small hanks of leftovers just itchi' to get handpainted by msb!
Orange Kool Aid and some water wiating for some yarn to become Orange!

Here I am going to use my new-to-me crock pot insert to put in the microwave to cook the coloured yarn.  I am dyeing two small hanks with BLUE food colouring that I had mixed with water and vinegar a previous day to get ready, as I am always game for Blue!

Here are the two small hanks in the crook pot ready waiting to be cooked.

Can you see this magnificent Orange, it is also going to cooked in the microwave but I think if I recall correctly I put this hank in a freezer bag.  This one was not done in the crook pot.  I wanted to experiment and use some variety of methods to see what I liked doing the most and what turned out satisfactory for me now and gauging things also for future dyeing projects also.  I took notes too!



Orange and Blue leftovers all painted and ready to dry shown with their dyeing counter partners!

No comments: