Socks Made On 88

Socks Made On 88
Socks Made On 88

Monday 3 February 2014

Oh Darn ~ After

The first sock that I darned, I did not have any of the same yarn left.  So I used some miscellaneous yarn I had kicking around.  It turned out really well, I think!  One thing is though, I forgot to turn the sock inside out. Oh Darn! The second sock for repair by darning, I did have the same yarn and as you can see it is not very noticeable.  I do like that fact on the first sock you can see the stitches.  It was easy for me to do the basket type weaving.  Remember making paper doing the basket weave in and out in school, well this is the same principle. What I like about the 100% wool is that the stitches will felt together a bit after a couple of washings. I will have to see how the darning stands up!
Two of my socks darned and ready to give the wearing test!

No comments: