Socks Made On 88

Socks Made On 88
Socks Made On 88

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Whoopsie-Daisy!

Sometimes when I come here, I feel like a reporter.  Especially now, that I just got finished watching the news.  I don't know how honest reporters are, but I am very honest so I had come here and say that the socks I posted the other day saying MrB made for MrB is true, but in fact some where between cranking, kitchenering, washing and drying, these did not come out to be a Men's size 10 so they will NOT be MrB's as they are measured to be a Men's size 9 instead!  That is a oops, but it is a also a learning curve as we they were made from some Canadian (Ontario) Yarn.  Now that I think of it the instructions say to wash in cold water and I washed them in hot water so that may explain that they have experienced some shrinkage. This particular blend is more wool content and less nylon content.  I am used to the German superwash and this yarn although very good does not meet the high standard of the German Yarn.  I am actually glad that I made this mistake because now I can stress to our customers, ones who want more warmth must follow the washing instructions to keep these particular socks from not shrinking.  It was a whoopsie-daisy that was a good thing! I have learned from my mistake.  Here is another picture of those socks.  Notice the fine stripe near the heel, that was actually a whoopsie-daisy too that proved to be a welcomed accent!  Someone is sure to enjoy this unique pair.
MsB from Socks Made On 88

No comments: